is an unique couple-centered childbirth preparation class designed to educate, support and inspire mothers and fathers through their pregnancy, birth, and early parenting journey.
Using a combination of dialogue, lecture, art, mindfulness, and written exercises, the Heartfelt Birth experience strengthens a couple’s bond with each other and their baby, while promoting personal growth and self-discovery!
Each class is conducted in an intimate and
respectful setting designed to…
- Connect fathers with their partner and their child before, during, and after birth in a manner that is comfortable and authentic.
- Promote understanding of what to expect in labor and how to use a wide variety pain management techniques (such as relaxation and self-hypnosis) and coping skills that will work best for you.
- Teach the secrets effective partners know to best support the mother by increasing her ease and comfort while also taking care of themselves.
- Creatively manage the unexpected with no regrets.
- Create a supportive community that meets your needs by understanding the role of each member of your team: midwives, friends, family, doulas, nurses, and doctors.
- Increase couple communication skills that will strengthen your relationship for a lifetime.
- Provide important information on breastfeeding and conscious newborn care so that your family can thrive during the '4th trimester.'
- Prepare your body, mind, spirit and environment for your Heartfelt Birth!
Registration: At this time, no classes are scheduled for 2018.
The Charleston Birth Place
9133 Timber Street
North Charleston, SC 29406